Administrative Assistant in the Experimental Physics Department (EP), Administrative and Secretarial Support Group (AGS), Users' Office Section (UO).
As an Administrative Assistant, you will join the Experimental Physics Department (EP), Administrative and Secretarial Support Group (AGS), Users' Office Section ( http://usersoffice.web.cern.ch/ ).
The EP Department carries out research in the field of experimental particle physics, which is CERN's fundamental mission. It aims at providing a stimulating scientific atmosphere and remains an important reference centre for the European physics community. It contributes to the education and training of young scientists. It hosts CERN staff members as well as CERN's associated guest scientists.
As Administrative Assistant in the Users' Office, you will take part in the general customer service provided for CERN's guest scientists and share in a team the daily tasks of registration, establishment of personnel contracts and interfacing with visiting teams. These tasks include face-to-face contact with people, registration via electronic tools, response to email and telephone requests and other administrative services.
By applying relevant CERN rules and procedures, you will:
- Provide information and assistance to CERN's guest scientists notably to register them and facilitate their integration upon arrival.
- Ensure the processing, follow up and control of various administrative electronic and paper documents as well as records archiving.
- Enter all relevant information into appropriate CERN databases.
- Prepare correspondence and documentation according to requirements, including minutes writing.
- Replace other assistants in their absence.
General secondary education in the field of in an administrative field, or equivalent.
Experience and competencies
The experience required for this post is:
- Experience in administrative service(s) or secretariat(s); preferably including service provision to a large community of customers coming from various countries.
- Experience in the interpretation of rules and procedures as well as in their application.
- Experience in using a diverse set of modern office computing tools and ability to maintain and archive data and documents.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Archiving and records management.
- Customer service.
- Secretarial service: good knowledge of administrative tasks and secretarial work, including event organisation..
- Use of Office software packages: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of protocol (precedence and etiquette): basic courtesy rules and etiquette.
- Administrative service: concurrent use of multiple electronic tools.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Achieving results: having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind; delivering prompt and efficient service taking into account customer needs; delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations.
- Building relationships: relating well to all people regardless of race, religion, sex or sexual orientation; showing courtesy and consideration in dealings with others.
- Working in teams: contributing to promoting a positive atmosphere in the team through an optimistic and constructive attitude; addressing issues; understanding when teamwork is required to achieve the best results; including others accordingly and sharing information; seeking to help other team members when own work is done; supporting others.
- Communicating effectively: checking to ensure that the message has been well understood; listening actively to others and letting others speak; ensuring that information, procedures and decisions are appropriately documented.
- Demonstrating flexibility: adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements; being able to demonstrate flexibility whilst abiding by all applicable rules.
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written English or French: ability to understand and speak both languages in professional contexts as well as the ability to prepare/draft and/or translate accurate texts in both languages.
Eligibility and closing date
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 22.02.2018.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 2 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position. Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.