Associate Pro Vice-Chancellor, Coursework
- Deliver high quality learning & teaching and student experience within the College
- Fixed term (3 years), full time position based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- Level D or E academic appointment with salary commensurate with the role requirements
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges.
Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
The APVC (Coursework) is a leadership position within the College of Arts Social Sciences and Commerce (ASSC), one of two colleges in the University. The role will focus on La Trobe University’s strategic goal of delivering an outstanding student experience, characterised by high quality learning and teaching, contemporary (including technology based) approaches to curriculum design and delivery and positive career outcomes for students. The position deputises for the College Pro Vice-Chancellor of the College as required.
The APVC Coursework assists the College Pro Vice-Chancellor in driving the University’s teaching and learning objectives at College level. The role works collaboratively and strategically with key stakeholders within ASSC, in the College of Science Health and Engineering (SHE), and across central portfolios (particularly the DVC Academic portfolio) to enhance the quality of learning and teaching and curriculum design.
Key priorities for this position will include;
- Provision of leadership to ensure that the Coursework portfolio partners effectively with the College of Science, Health and Engineering, regional campuses and central portfolios to achieve targets and performance indicators across all campuses.
- Provision of transformational leadership to develop and deliver innovative, technologically-enhanced academic programs that are relevant and responsive to the needs of students, industry and the community.
- Provision of leadership to ensure a rigorous, evidence-based approach to monitoring, benchmarking performance and enhancing the quality of learning and teaching and the student experience to achieve the La Trobe Strategic Plan 2018-2022 targets.
- Further responsibilities and requirements for the role can be found in the attached Position Desciption.
Skills & Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have a distinguished scholarly record in the field of higher education learning and teaching. You will also demonstrate experience in leading teams in large and complex organisations, including professional maturity, political acumen, tenacity and resilience, and demonstrate a track record of successfully leading innovative, cross-disciplinary approaches to the design, delivery and evaluation of academic program offerings. Well developed communication skills – both verbal and written – will be critical in effectively performing this role.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday 4th March, 2018 (11:55 pm)
For more information or a confidential conversation, please contact Joe Mallamace – Senior Recruitment Business Partner. 03 9479 1128. email@example.com
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact HR Assist on 03 9479 1234.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for position no. 553389 under current vacancies.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.