Director of UNSW Galleries
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Galleries delivers strategic, artistic and operational support to the Faculty of Art and Design’s mission of engaging with the UNSW, local, national and international creative and cultural communities through an ambitious annual program of exhibitions, events and public programs.
About the role
The Faculty of Art and Design is seeking to appoint a Director of UNSW Galleries to lead, develop and manage the artistic programs and operations of UNSW Galleries.
- Attractive salary plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Fixed Term for 3 years
- Full time (35 hours per week) professional staff role
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Extensive relevant professional leadership experience managing a significant public art gallery, museum or cultural organisation
- Demonstrated track record of building relationships with key stakeholders such as government cultural agencies, creative industries, diverse communities and across visual arts and design sectors and higher education, including within UNSW
- Demonstrated success in entrepreneurially growing and diversifying income through partnerships, sponsorships, grants and securing investment from philanthropic sources
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and media skills; highly developed negotiation skills in relation to liaising with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, partners and funders
Please systematically address the selection criteria in the job description in your application.
Professor Marie Sierra, Deputy Dean, UNSW Art and Design
T: (+61 2) 8936 0627
Applications close: 23:59 on 25th February 2018