Community Liaison Officer
Pvc Colleges & Student Experience Office
Position Type :
Managerial, Administration & Support
Grade 7 (£32,548 - £38,832)
This is a full time, permanent post
The Colleges & Student Experience Division is seeking to recruit a Community Liaison Officer to develop and maintain excellent community relations between the University, our students, and those who work and live in Durham City.
The primary purpose of this role is to develop and maintain excellent community relations between the University, our students, and those who work and live in Durham City.
To fulfill this purpose, the postholder will:
- Facilitate partnership working within the University and between the University and the Students’ Union, Local Authority, Emergency Services, landlords, and other key stakeholders, and coordinate multi-agency responses to address student issues such as anti-social behaviour, waste and recycling , transport and parking, crime prevention, safety and security, and general welfare issues relating to students living in the community;
- Take a major role in the development, implementation and monitoring of a Community Engagement Action Plan in association with colleagues across the University, the student body, Durham County Council, Durham Constabulary, other emergency services and local partners;
- Act as a primary point of contact within the University for the local community (students and non-students);
- Liaise with a broad range of partners in the development of campaigns and initiatives around community issues, student safety, positive citizenship and social responsibility across the City;
- Undertake consultation and research to identify trends in community issues and develop best practice solutions to local needs;
- Mediate regarding issues that impact on community relations;
- Develop appropriate communications which report on the implementation of the Community Engagement Plan, best practice, emerging issues, and student and University contributions to the local and regional community.
Closes midday on : 22-Feb-2018