Senior Researcher - MBZIRC
Senior Researcher - MBZIRC
Organization Name Robotics Institute
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
The MBZIRC Senior Researcher will manage technical, administrative, and organizational matters relating to MBZIRC.
- Challenge development - testing and fine tuning, in collaboration with the KU beta testing team
- Project management - ensuring outcomes are delivered on time
- Documentation - producing technical and organizational documents related to MBZIRC and associated events (rules, scoring, team agreements, safety protocols, communication protocols etc)
- Teams - supporting team selection and team sponsorship related matters
- Teams - assist in monitoring progress of sponsored and other teams
- Teams - day to day engagement with MBZIRC teams including responding to technical question (team communications etc)
- Event Management - planning and coordinating activities between various entities engaged in MBZIRC (KU, Teams, Vendors, Public, Sponsors, Event Management Company)
- Event Management - coordinating with KU entities (Procurement, Finance, ER etc) all aspects related to event management (prepare and submit tender documents, issue PRs, interface with vendors etc)
- Event Management - liaising with event management company and arena construction company, including providing information and progress monitoring
- Stakeholder Engagement - coordinating external stake holder engagement including providing support to raising event sponsorship money
- Publicity - coordinating with KU External Relations on publicity and dissemination related activities (media, events, mail shots, MBZIRC web pages, publicity material, promotional videos, advertisements etc)
- Web Pages - providing and managing MBZIRC web page content
- Events - supporting dissemination and publicity events (ICRA, IROS etc)
- Budgets - assisting in managing budgets related to MBZIRC and estimating budget requirements.
- Committees - coordinate meetings of MBZIRC committees (Organizing, Technical, International Advisory).
- Juries - liaising with juries and other event related personnel
- Engagement with KU communityCoordinating outreach activities (schools etc)
- PhD in Engineering or closely related discipline
- Project and event management experience
- Experience related to robotics and robotic technology
- Technical writing skills
- Dealing with external and internal stakeholders
Good to have:
- Experience in robotics competitions or science-based competitions
- Experience in participating in robotics competitions
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following: 1. Resume/CV 2. Passport-size photograph