General Mechanic, Facilities Management
- Initiative to independently identify needed work, and judgment to handle emergencies and special events.
- Respond to daily house and emergency calls
- Ability to follow and complete work orders (CAMMS) and preventative maintenance (CMMS) duties and provide updates on the work order status.
- Must attend training, workshops and meetings as required
- Ability to work alone efficiently, productively, and with minimal supervision on weekend or night shift
- Follow safety precautions with appropriate PPE; providing an environment for personal and public safety.
- Follow department policies.
- Maintain a clean work site and area that minimally interferes with University operations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
STARTING AT $29.61/HOUR
- Five to eight years related experience in the maintenance and repair of building systems
- Ability to specify proper parts and equipment for repairs and new installations.
- Requires a working knowledge of computer software including databases and office suite software.
- Experience with building automation systems graphical interface, preferably Siemens Building Automation systems.
- Position will routinely require the ability to lift and move heavy items and equipment.
- Position will routinely require the use of ladders and accessing elevated areas such as catwalks.
- The position will interact within the laboratory setting.
- Must be able to work in close proximity to animals.
- Ability to read blue prints.
- Must be able to lift and move items and equipment up to 70 pounds.
- The position requires the ability to speak, read, comprehend, and write fluently in the English language.
- Must have and maintain valid driver’s license.
- Work requires 5 years’ experience with the credentials of a Massachusetts Journeyman’s License(s) in the appropriate specialties and building maintenance experience.
- Specialty: maintain valid Mass. Plumber’s, Refrigeration Technician, or Electrician’s License.
- Mass. Plumber’s License
- Mass. Journeyman Steamfitter’s License.
- Mass. Electrician’s License.
- Mass. Boiler Operator’s License.
- Mass. Waste Water operator’s license.
- Mass. Refrigeration License and a Federal Reclamation License.
- Certified Backflow Prevention Device Inspector.