Research Associate - VSAP
3 days left
- Full Time
Research Associate - VSAP
Organization Name Visual Signal Analysis and Processing Center
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
The Visual Signal Analysis and Processing (VSAP) Research Center mission is to be a recognized leader in image and video analysis and processing and to promote the creation of transformative technologies that will benefit the knowledge based economy and improve the well being of individuals in the society.
VSAP Web Page: http://www.kustar.ac.ae/pages/visual-signal-analysis-and-processing-center-vsap/14765
Job Function is to support this mission: Providing high quality research support to undertake internationally competitive research and contribute to the academic and research mission of the University.
The purpose of the graduate Research Associate (RA) appointment is to provide a recent graduate with additional research and scholarly training for an academic or research career. The RA appointments are for a limited period and are not intended to be long-term and indefinite. Duties include:
- To provide research support for research projects active in VSAP Lab under supervision of Center’s coordinator
- To working as member of a team, or independently manage daily work allocated by Center’s coordinator;
- Regularly meets with the Center’s coordinator to apprise research support activities and develop techniques for effective support of the research in VSAP;
- To contributes to the overall activities of the research team as required;
- Performs other similar or related duties as and when assigned by the Center’s coordinator.
- MSc degree in ECE, CS from a UAE University. Candidates with science related major/specializations and with relevant professional backgrounds, and evidences of research skills can be considered.
- No previous experience required, however basic experience image processing, Matlab and computer languages programing are essential.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
- Must possess required knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job effectively.
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following: 1. Resume/CV 2. Passport-size photograph