Professor/Assistant/Associate in Business
Adjunct Faculty - Business (Immediate Start)
Organization Name Humanities and Social Sciences Department, College of Science
Khalifa University is an independent, non-profit coeducational institution, dedicated to the advancement of learning through teaching and research, and discovery and application of knowledge. It pursues international recognition as a world-class research intensive university, with a strong reputation for interdisciplinary teaching and research. The University is actively developing an international network of partners and innovative research programs to advance regionally relevant research and innovation in the UAE and the region at large. Research within the University intersects Departments, Institutes and Centers, as well as the work of individual faculty, to address thematic priorities such as Aerospace, Transport & Logistics; Energy & Environment; Healthcare; Information & Communication Technology; and Security.
This position is employed in the College of Science. The responsibilities of faculty members shall be:
a) Developing curriculum and teaching courses; Research as appropriate to this position; and
b) Academic service
- Teaches Business courses (Accounting/Finance, Management, Economics, Innovation and Entrepreneurship) at undergraduate level on time schedules allocated by the Department Chair;
- Prepares teaching material including course outline, syllabus and lesson plans. Revises the subject matter on a regular basis as appropriate for that subject;
- Contributes to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum;
- Provides students with detailed syllabus, methods of instruction and evaluation in their courses;
- Engages in the selection of textbooks and other teaching aids necessary to the instruction of courses;
- Monitors students’ performance in their subject areas and provides remedial classes when necessary;
- Sets and marks exams, coursework, assignments, laboratory work, homework, and any other relevant activity;
- Uses up-to-date instructional technology and ensures the delivery is clear and consistent;
- Develops and improves their scholarly competence and effectiveness as teachers within their area of expertise
- Serves in a collegial fashion and in accordance to the University’s policies when dealing with other faculty members, students, administrators and members of the public;
- Carries out any other duties commensurate with the position.
- PhD preferred, MA or equivalent degree acceptable; in Business/Management or related discipline from an accredited institution.
- 3 years of experience relevant to the position.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent English language both spoken and written.
- Must possess required computer/technology knowledge and abilities required to perform the job effectively.
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following: 1. Resume/CV 2. Passport-size photograph