Professional Consultant - School of Pharmacy
Department/Unit: School of Pharmacy
Closing Date: Until the post is filled
The Faculty of Medicine at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) invites applications for appointment as Professional Consultant in the School of Pharmacy.
Applicants should have (i) a Master’s or Doctoral degree in Pharmacy or related science and engineering discipline; (ii) at least 10 years of experience in drug development and/or regulation, including experience in the conduct of clinical trials as well as setting of specifications for quality standards, monitoring compliance with such standards, and documentation of the history of drug product development and quality assurance; (iii) evidence of leadership and collaborative interactions in drug development; and (iv) excellent oral and written communication skills.
1. Teaching subjects related to kinetics and dynamics of drug action in the Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharm) and graduate programmes
2. Organizing Bioanalytical and Bioavailability & Bioequivalence (BABE) service of the School
3. Developing eLearning and other innovative learning platforms
4. Providing service to the School, Faculty, University and the scientific/professional discipline
5. Supervising students and developing their research skills and enhancing their understanding of the scientific basis of drug dosing
Appointment will initially be made on contract basis for two years, renewable subject to mutual agreement.
Applicants should submit (1) a letter of intent that addresses how your experience matches the minimum and preferred qualifications for the position; (2) a proposed plan of developing and implementing non-conventional student-centered learning empowerment paradigms at CUHK; (3) a description of your experience and philosophy in teaching and learning; (4) a complete curriculum vitae; and (5) the names, addresses and contact information for 3 professional references.