Lecturer in Business
Functional Area: Teaching and Learning
Essential Requirements: CertEd; Level 3 teaching experience; Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline
Desired: PGCE; Master’s degree in relevant discipline
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Regent’s International College (RIC) is a growing institution of further and higher education in Bangkok, Thailand, that offers Thai and foreign students the opportunity to study for internationally recognised qualifications. RIC is the only institution in Thailand to provide teaching support for two University of London International Programmes: Economics, Management, Finance and the Social Sciences (EMFSS) and the International Foundation Programme (IFP). RIC is also pleased to be the first institution in Thailand to offer Business BTEC qualifications.
A qualified educational professional with Level 3 teaching experience in business related studies is needed for RIC’s University of London International Foundation Programmeand BTEC Business Studies Programme, in the following areas: Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, and International Relations. Successful candidates will teach extensively on further education courses and modules to a diverse cohort of international students at our Bangkok campus. Specific duties of the post include:
- Preparation of lesson plans and schemes of work
- Delivery of lectures
- Designing tutorials and workshops
- Participation in student activities and projects
- Occasional attendance at relevant conferences and events
- Designing assessments
- Marking student work
- Participation in internal verification process
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject area (essential); master’s degree (desirable). Certificate in Education (essential); PGCE (desirable). Please note that TEFL is not regarded by RIC as a suitable teaching qualification for this program.
- Computer Skills: Excellent MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) skills (essential).
- Presentation Skills:Professional polished public speaking, presentation, and counselling skills (essential).
- Native-speaker level of English proficiency (essential). Thai language skills (desirable).
- Professional Experience:Level 3 teaching experience (essential). Work experience in subject-related functional areas (desirable).
How to Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, applications must include the following: (a) cover letter, (b) comprehensive curriculum vitae, and (c) a list of three professional or academic references with contact information provided.Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and that reference checks will only be conducted for those who advance past the first round of selection.
If you would like to share your knowledge and experience through teaching, and your profile matches the above criteria, please send your application material to email@example.com. Regent’s International College is committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and students. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
This is an urgent requirement.