Human Resources Manager, Global Programs
Provide strategic HR support within Boston University, Global Programs. The incumbent reports directly to the Managing Director, Finance and Administration, and is responsible for the development and delivery of international and domestic human resource services with a primary focus on the Study Abroad sites around the world. The HR Manager will collaborate with the Managing Director and BU Human Resources in managing the day-to-day HR operations for Global Programs and ensuring compliance with both local and international employment laws and regulations, as well as University Policies. The HR Manager will act as the primary contact for all personnel related issues, a subject-matter expert on policies, procedures, and practices, and a key disseminator of HR information. As needed, he/she will participate in University initiatives to create or modify international HR programs and policies.
- Responsible for the delivery, development and coordination of international and domestic human resource services, initiatives and programs with a primary focus on the Study Abroad sites around the world. Partner with Global Programs leadership and BU HR to monitor and maintain compliance with country specific employment and immigration laws and regulations for foreign registered entities. Manage and oversee the accuracy of personnel data and proactively identify ways in which systems can be used to improve efficiencies. Manage and track HR metrics used for strategic analysis. Manage HR data and review and process employment forms as needed.
- Serve as the primary point of contact in talent acquisition; review job descriptions and proposals for filling new and vacant positions. Provide recruitment support as needed to hiring managers, determine and advise on appropriate recruiting sources for ad positioning, screen resumes, conduct interviews and reference checks.
- Collaborate with Global Programs leadership and BU HR on job evaluations, organizational management, and assessment of staffing needs. Review and maintain existing employee job descriptions.
- Provide training and information for employment related matters. Design and conduct elements of new employee orientation and off-boarding for Global Programs employees. Advise managers on organizational policies and other initiatives that contribute to a healthy workplace.
- In collaboration with the Managing Director and BU HR, work to develop internal HR organizational policies and procedures.
Bachelors degree or equivalent, Masters degree preferred. At least five years of experience with a minimum of three years of experience in International HR operations. Excellent Written / Oral Communications. Strong customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate well to staff from many different cultures and backgrounds. Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple functions, anticipate needs and follow through. Ability to research, analyze and interpret data. Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities. Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular