Lecturer in Electronic Systems and Internet of Things Engineering
7 days left
- Full Time
Fantastic opportunity to use your industry experience, research interests & interdisciplinary collaboration skills to contribute to the ongoing development of the Electronic Systems & IoT major at JCU
- Work for a world-leading University
- Raise the profile of Internet of Things across Australia
- Great opportunity to have work life balance in Tropical North Queensland
- $91,206 - $107,619 plus 17% superannuation
We offer an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer, Electronic Systems & Internet of Things Engineering to join our world-leading institution. A continuing appointment, this position is based at the Cairns campus in picturesque tropical north Queensland, where you can enjoy a relaxed lifestyle whilst still achieving your career ambitions.
What you can accomplish in this role
Housed in the Academic Group of Engineering, this is a great opportunity to consolidate JCU’s teaching and research expertise in engineering with a focus on building a sustainable future for people and industries in the tropics. You will contribute to further development of the Bachelor of Engineering, Electronic Systems and Internet of Things program, as well as attracting research and project funding.
- Undertake teaching into the Bachelor of Engineering, Electronic Systems and Internet of Things program and contribute to the ongoing development of the Electronic systems and IoT major, including new IoT Engineering subjects.
- Conduct research in Engineering, with a focus on IoT, as an individual, and in collaboration with students and other researchers;
- Develop collaborative partnerships with research funding sources, including but not limited to, industry, government and non-governmental organisations (NGOs).
- Actively participate in marketing of the IoT program and enhancing the visibility and reputation of JCU through public outreach activities and JCU events.
What you can bring to this role
As an enthusiastic engineer with industry connections, you will have the ambition to establish an academic reputation. With core skills in Electronic/Telecommunications Engineering, you will also have a proven track record of publishing research in high quality journals, engagement with industry, attracting research funding, supervising students and teaching in engineering and related disciplines.
You will also have:
- A PhD qualification in Electronic/Telecommunications Engineering or a related discipline;
- Proven experience in University teaching at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, and experience in research student supervision;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Demonstrated experience in areas including at least one of: sensor design, computer vision, image/video data analytics, control and automation, cyber-physical systems, low power and wide area (LPWA) IoT technology and cloud computing.
About the College of Science & Engineering
As part of the Division of Tropical Environments and Societies, the College of Science and Engineering promotes, supports and administers quality teaching, hands-on experiences, industry placements and research at JCU in the areas of Marine Biology and Aquaculture; Zoology and Ecology; Geoscience; Environmental Management; Physical Sciences, and Engineering.
Why is JCU right for you?
Consistently ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide, JCU is one of the world’s leading institutions focussing on the tropics and offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth. JCU prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
We support our people through the provision of:
- generous superannuation scheme with 17% employer contributions
- ongoing professional and career development
- five weeks’ annual recreation leave
- attractive options for salary packaging
- well-equipped, modern facilities
- balance of work and life so you can enjoy a relaxed lifestyle that supports a diverse range of leisure and sporting interests
- relocation assistance may be available
How to Apply
Click on the ‘apply now’ button to be taken to JCU’s career page where you can find out more information and download a PD and application instructions.
Vacancy Number: 16222 |Applications close: Midnight, Wednesday 28 February 2018