Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering
Fantastic opportunity to use your industry experience, research interests and interdisciplinary collaboration skills to grow the Mechanical Engineers of the future.
- Work for a world-leading University
- Deliver excellence in Mechanical Engineering methods
- Great opportunity to have work life balance in Tropical North Queensland
- $91,206 - $127,310 plus 17% superannuation
We offer exciting opportunities for two Lecturers / Senior Lecturers, Mechanical Engineering to join our world-leading institution. Continuing appointments, these positions are based at the Townsville campus in picturesque tropical north Queensland, where you can enjoy a relaxed lifestyle whilst still achieving your career ambitions.
What you can accomplish in this role
You will use your industry experience, research interests, entrepreneurship and interdisciplinary collaboration skills to teach into theMechanical Engineering discipline, attract research/consulting funding and form positive working relationships with industry.
- Teaching into undergraduate and graduate programs,particularly in the streams of mechanical design, dynamics, and/or numerical analysis and modelling;
- Engage with themechanical engineering industry and strengthen the teaching/research stream of mechanical design;
- Supervise the JCU Motorsports program;
- Conduct research/consultancy in Engineering as an individual or in a team, through successful partnerships with industry and through collaborative research grant applications/research contracts with academic peers.
What you can bring to this role
To maintain and enhance the practical engineering design skill base in the Mechanical Engineering Discipline at JCU, applications from industry scholars who have experience working as a consulting/field engineer in mechanical design are particularly welcomed.
You will also have:
- A PhD in Mechanical Engineering
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Established research and publication record
- Proven or promising track record in attracting financial support for research and consultancies;
- Experience in, or demonstrated potential for,university teaching at undergraduate/graduate level in mechanical engineering.
About the College of Science & Engineering
As part of the Division of Tropical Environments and Societies, the College of Science and Engineering promotes, supports and administers quality teaching, hands-on experiences, industry placements and research at JCU in the areas of Marine Biology and Aquaculture; Zoology and Ecology; Geoscience; Environmental Management; Physical Sciences, and Engineering.
Why is JCU right for you?
Consistently ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide, JCU is one of the world’s leading institutions focussing on the tropics and offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth. JCU prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
We support our people through the provision of:
- generous superannuation scheme with 17% employer contributions
- ongoing professional and career development
- five weeks’ annual recreation leave
- attractive options for salary packaging
- well-equipped, modern facilities including on-campus shopping, gym, pool and childcare
- balance of work and life so you can enjoy a relaxed lifestyle that supports a diverse range of leisure and sporting interests
- relocation assistance may be available
How to Apply
Click on the ‘apply now’ button to be taken to JCU’s career page where you can find out more information and download a PD and application instructions.
Vacancy Number: 16223 |Applications close: Midnight, Wednesday 28 February 2018