Director, Research Strategy Office
- Lead research strategy and grant funding applications for a Go8 university
- Provide strategic and operational leadership to the team
- Deliver operational excellence in research strategy
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work. We aspire to be Australia’s global university, improving and transforming lives through excellence in research, outstanding education and a commitment to advancing a just society.
The Research Strategy Office works with Faculties, research teams and researchers to initiate, facilitate and secure new national and international research funding bids and Fellowships; and develop ongoing strategies to ensure that UNSW enhances its research profile and increases the level, quality and diversity of research funding.
Reporting to the Pro Vice-Chancellor Research, and in collaboration with other key stakeholders, this strategic leadership role is responsible for the overall management of the Research Strategy Office (RSO). This includes the development and implementation of a highly customer-focused service culture, aligned with the University’s 2025 Strategy.
The Director will drive research strategy development in UNSW, identify and develop opportunities for major research grant and fellowship funding for UNSW researchers and build effective communication strategies and client service processes into the operations of the Office. The Director will also foster and develop initiatives to support UNSW researchers at every stage of their career, including the planning and design of training programs to address key areas or identified needs.
About the Successful Applicant
You can demonstrate your leadership and expertise in research strategy within a higher education or medical research institution.
Specific requirements include:
- Relevant qualification(s) and extensive relevant experience at a senior level preferably in the research/higher education or Government sector
- Outstanding track record of achievement in the development and success of major research grant applications, and/or successful business case development and delivery in industry or Government
- High level knowledge and understanding of the higher education sector and knowledge of the research environment and funding schemes
- Senior management experience in developing major policy objectives and strategic plans in relation to research and funding activities
- Demonstrated capacity to exercise effective leadership across a large research-orientated organisation
- Expertise in building working relationships with government, industry, research and philanthropic organisations
Please submit a CV, cover letter and responses to the selection criteria listed in the Position Description. Please note all documentation must be in pdf format.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: 02 9385 2401
Applications close: 11 pm Monday, 12th March 2018