Laboratory Support Officer
- Full Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Medicine is a national leader in learning, teaching and research, with close affiliations to a number of Australia’s finest hospitals, research institutes and health care organisations. The Research Support unit ensures the efficient and effective support of laboratory-based research both on and off campus.
About the role
- $70,395-$79,655 plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading.
- 12 months Fixed Term
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Laboratory Support Officer performs minor administrative duties and assists in ensuring the safe and effective use of research facilities and equipment as well as providing support and training for researchers and laboratory users, to ensure that the Faculty’s research facilities, either on campus or off campus at UNSW-managed facilities, meet all obligations in terms of research regulations, laboratory practice standards and workplace health and safety procedures.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a scientific or other relevant research-based discipline or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience, with PC2 laboratory experience advantageous.
- Proven organisational skills and interperonal skills across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to instruct others and assist in the development of procedures.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Kristin McBride - Medicine Research Infrastructure Manager
T: (61 2) 9385 1628
Applications close: 20th February 2018