PhD Position at Department of Clinical and Molecular Medicine
In this project, we aim to gain further knowledge of the measurement properties of the new hand function test, Both Hands Assessment (BoHA), for persons with bilateral cerebral palsy (CP). In addition, we want to expand the age range for the BoHA to enable monitoring of the development of hand use from childhood to young adulthood, and to evaluate effects of interventions in different age groups using the same scale.
The Phd position is now available at the Department of Clinical and Molecular Medicine (IKOM), Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), and we are therefore searching for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and well-organized candidate for the position.
The period of employment for the position as a PhD Research Fellow is 3 years. The position has the objective of qualifying for higher academic positions. Admission to a doctoral degree program is a requirement for employment as a PhD candidate. For regulations concerning the PhD degree at NTNU, please see: http://www.ntnu.no/studieavd/dok/PhD_regulations.pdf
The PhD candidate will work in a multidisciplinary environment of paediatricians, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, nurses, psychologists and movement scientists, and will be part of the Centre for Early Brain Development (CEBRA) research group at the Department of clinical and molecular medicine, NTNU (https://www.ntnu.edu/ikom/cebra#/view/about). Post doc and PhD Ann-Kristin G. Elvrum will be the main supervisor, (https://innsida.ntnu.no/person/annkriel) and co-supervisors will be associate professor and senior consultant Guro L. Andersen (https://innsida.ntnu.no/person/gurolill) and associate professor Kari Anne I. Evensen (https://innsida.ntnu.no/person/karii). Important national collaborators for the PhD candidate is the Cerebral Palsy Register of Norway (CPRN) at the Vestfold Hospital Trust, and the Norwegian Cerebral Palsy Follow-Up Program (CPOP) at the Oslo University Hospital. In addition, the candidate will collaborate with members of the international AHA research network under the leadership of senior researcher Lena Krumlinde-Sundholm (http://ki.se/en/people/lenkru).
Requirements of the applicant:
- A master’s degree or an equivalent education within occupational therapy, activity and movement, or related fields
- A strong academic record with a weighted average grade of master’s or equivalent education with a grade of B or higher, in accordance with NTNU’s grading system
- Proficiency in oral and written English
Emphasis will also be placed on:
- Relevant clinical background, preferably as occupational therapist
- Experience within the field of children and youth’s health and/or neurology
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, functional capacity or cultural background. If necessary, we will adapt the workplace for people with disabilities. Increasing the number of women in academic positions is an important priority for the Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
Depending on qualifications and academic background, PhD Candidates (in code 1017) at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences will be remunerated at a minimum of NOK 436 500 per year before tax. Normal wage level is NOK 436 500 - 499 200 of which 2% is deducted for the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
The appointment will be made in accordance with current regulations and supplementary rules with guidelines for employment as PhD Candidate appointments at universities and university colleges.
How to apply:
Applicants are asked to apply via www.jobbnorge.no
The application should contain the following attachments:
- Applicants’ CV (including list of publications, relevant former positions and references) and copy of relevant transcripts and diplomas
- Short statement on the applicant’s personal qualifications and motivation for the position
- Short statement from a former supervisor/tutor/teacher
- Contact information for two references
- Other relevant attachments
Candidates from universities outside Norway are kindly requested to send a Diploma Supplement or a similar document, which describes in detail the study and grade system and the rights for further studies associated with the obtained degree: http://ec.europa.eu/education/tools/diploma-supplement_en.htm
Deadline for applications: 01.03.2018.
Chosen applicants will be invited to undergo an interview.
For further information about the position, please contact Post doc Ann-Kristin G. Elvrum, telephone: +47 97675897, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information concerning the application process, please contact the HR Executive Officer Elisabeth Myrvang: email@example.com
Please note that under the Norwegian Civil Service Act, information about applicants may be made public even though the applicant has requested not to be included on the list of applicants.
About this job
- Deadline Thursday, March 1, 2018
- Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Municipality Trondheim
- Jobbnorge ID 146737
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Temporary
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Standard CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!