Deputy Dean - York Business School
Deputy Dean – York Business School
Salary - £49,149 - £58,655 per annum (up to £64,080 per annum for Professorial appointments)
Full time, permanent opportunity
York Business School is expanding rapidly and is at the heart of the University’s growth and international development strategies. The School has based its development on creating a vibrant and innovative environment in respect of all aspects of its teaching and research. It has created a varied portfolio of multi-disciplinary degrees and masters programmes to both UK based and overseas students.
We are now seeking an exceptional individual to join us as Deputy Dean, working closely with the Dean to lead the School through its next phase of development. This will see the achievement of an ambitious and compelling strategic vision that will facilitate further growth both nationally and internationally.
The role offers an excellent opportunity for a talented and ambitious academic who wishes to utilise their managerial experience and skills within a rapidly changing and evolving context.
The Deputy Dean will make a leading contribution to York Business School by:
- Working closely with the Dean to drive forward the School's strategic vision
- Liaising closely with senior staff in the Business School to develop innovative pedagogic practices and support a high quality, inclusive learning and teaching culture
- Supporting the Dean in representing the School internally and externally, and implementing policies and procedures at School level.
- Supporting a high quality research culture among staff in support of the strategic plan
- Embedding a culture of continuing professional development to ensure that academic staff achieve their professional aspirations
- Taking responsibility for the day-to-day operational requirements of the School including line management
The successful candidate will be an engaging and motivational academic leader and will have completed a relevant doctorate.
Candidates are expected to have experience of delivering an innovative, student-centred curriculum and identifying opportunities to enhance standards of teaching and learning. In addition, the Deputy Dean will have a genuine passion for the student experience and the ability to build strong relationships with relevant stakeholders.
The title of Professor will be awarded should the successful candidate meet the required criteria (please refer to the below document)
Applications are particularly welcomed from female applicants who are underrepresented at this level within the university
Please note that CVs will not be accepted in place of the application form.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Closing date - 21 February 2018 at midnight
Provisional interview date - 19 March 2018