2018-19 College Fellow - Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- Full Time
Please visit https://facultyresources.fas.harvard.edu/how-apply for a list of open College Fellow positions.
The College Fellows Program (https://facultyresources.fas.harvard.edu/college-fellows-program) at the Faculty of Arts and Sciences identifies exceptional scholars who have recently completed their doctoral work and have demonstrated excellence in teaching. College Fellows teach within an area of specialization while given ample time to pursue their own research. The program provides College Fellows with mentoring on both pedagogy and career development.
College Fellowships are one-year positions with the possibility of renewal for one additional year. In 2018, they are expected to be on campus starting in August. College Fellows will receive a salary and benefits.
Please visit the Areas of Specialization page on the College Fellows website for information on application deadlines.
Harvard is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates are required to have a Ph.D. or an equivalent terminal degree by the expected start date. The program is limited to applicants who have received their Ph.D. no earlier than 2014.
Additional Qualifications Special Instructions
The following documents are required:
- A cover letter describing your experience and interest in the position to which you are applying
- A curriculum vitae
- A research statement
- A teaching statement describing your teaching philosophy, goals, methods, and prior experience
- Teaching materials, including representative course syllabi and evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g., teaching awards and evaluations)
- Three letters of recommendation (unless otherwise specified on an individual posting)
- Applicable only for those candidates who have not yet received the Ph.D.: A letter from your advisor confirming that you will receive your Ph.D. by the expected start date
Please enter the specific position(s) that you are applying to (e.g. Folklore and Mythology, History, Physics, etc.)
Office for Faculty Affairs
Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Contact Email email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Minimum Number of References Required 3 Maximum Number of References Allowed 5 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please enter the Area(s) of Specialization you are applying to. Please separate each area with a comma if you are applying to multiple areas (e.g. Comparative Literature, English). For a list of Areas of Specialization, please visit http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~facaff/cfp/areas.html
(Open Ended Question)
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Statement of Research
- Sample Syllabus
- Course Evaluation
- Degree Verification
- Dissertation Abstract