Postdoctoral Research Fellow/Research Fellow in Medicine and Health
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia’s leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We’ve helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing the Australia’s first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you’ll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
In Macquarie's Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences you'll join leading researchers, passionate educators and internationally respected clinicians, united in a mission towards delivering the best patient care. Home to the Australian Institute of Health Innovation and Australia's first fully integrated academic health sciences centre, we are a place of bold discoveries and distinctive educational programs that embolden the future leaders of healthcare.
The Australian Lymphoedema Education Research and Treatment (ALERT) Program within the Department of Clinical Medicine is seeking an early career research academic with experience in cancer / lymphoedema / survivorship clinical research to support, coordinate and conduct research in ALERT’s strategic priority areas. This role will involve working closely with the multidisciplinary clinical and research team in conducting, analysing and publishing outcomes of clinical studies as well as managing/coordinating the workload of the professional research staff involved in lymphoedema and other existing research projects within the program. It is also anticipated that the role will assist in preparing applications for research grants and contributing to the establishment of new research projects.
To be considered for this position, the applicant will demonstrate the below requirements in their CV and cover letter:
Essential criteria for all applicants:
- A PhD (or near completion) in cancer / lymphoedema / survivorship or other related clinical research discipline
- A well-articulated research agenda and a track record of good quality publications relevant to stage of career
- Demonstrated experience to make a useful contribution to the academic life and administrative tasks of the ALERT team with a track record of effective teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary research team, with effective communication skills
- Data interrogation and analysis skills using packages such as SPSS or SASS
Additional criteria for Lecturer (Level B) applicants
- A demonstrated ability to attract internal and external funding for research
- Experience in research supervision and/or management of research staff
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate or manage all aspects of research projects
- Evidence of mentoring and development of junior staff
Salary Package: from $85,845 - $92,000 p.a. (Level A), or from $99,879 - $118,174 (Level B) plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: full-time, 3 years fixed-term.
Specific Role Enquiries: Louise Koelmeyer at email@example.com
General Enquiries: Daniella Oreskovic at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 11:55pm on Thursday, 15th February 2018
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.