Accelerator Program Manager, Founder Program
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Division of Enterprise has the responsibility of "Delivering from Research Excellence" and "Knowledge Exchange for Social Progress on Economic Prosperity" as part of the Universitity’s 2025 Strategy.
The Division will double the University’s knowledge exchange revenue in the next five years and, through broad partnership with research organisations, industry and government, help transform Australia’s economic base
About the role
- $102K - $115K plus 17% superannuation and annual leave loading.
- 4 Years, Fixed Term
The Accelerator Program Manager (Founder Programs) is responsible for stimulating, supporting and building an innovative and entrepreneurial culture among the University’s cohort. The role requires an independent application of Lean Startup, Business Model Canvas and Design Thinking innovation theories, knowledge and experience to encourage and help facilitate the development and promotion of student, graduate and staff startup businesses.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and 2 years’ experience or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience designing and delivering an accelerator, participating as an entrepreneur in an accelerator and working with entrepreneurs and students.
- Demonstrated understanding of current best-practice startup support methodologies and techniques and a strong understanding of the startup ecosystem and its key players and roles.
- Experience with coaching and mentoring early stage startup businesses.
- Advanced level of computer literacy with excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications and software tools like CRM’s, Slack, etc.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online.
Contact: Josh Flannery (Senior Manager, Founder Programs)
Applications close: 15 February 2018