Stephen Sigurdson Professorship in Corporate Law and Finance
QUEEN’S UNIVERSITY FACULTY OF LAW APPOINTMENT
Stephen Sigurdson Professorship in Corporate Law and Finance
Application deadline: September 1, 2017 .The Committee may still consider applications after this date.
The Faculty of Law at Queen’s University invites applications for one tenured appointment at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor, in the area of Corporate Law and Finance. The successful candidate will also hold the Stephen Sigurdson Professorship in Corporate Law and Finance. The preferred starting date is July 1, 2018.
Save in exceptional circumstances, the successful candidate will have a JD/LLB or equivalent and a doctorate in law or a cognate discipline completed at the start date of the appointment. The main criteria for selection are academic and teaching excellence.
- The successful mid-level candidate will provide evidence of innovative and high quality scholarly output that demonstrates potential for independent research in the areas of corporate law and finance, leading to peer assessed publications and the securing of external research funding, as well as strong potential for outstanding teaching contributions at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, and an ongoing commitment to academic and pedagogical excellence in support of the Faculty’s programs.
- The successful senior-level candidate will possess an excellent track record of innovative and high quality scholarly output that demonstrates independent research in the areas of corporate law and finance, including peer assessed publications and the securing of external research funding. They will have a track record of exceptional teaching contributions at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, and will demonstrate strong potential for an ongoing commitment to academic and pedagogical excellence in support of the Faculty’s programs.
The successful candidate will also be expected to make substantive contributions through service to the Faculty, the University, and/or to the broader community. Salary will be competitive, and commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. All positions are subject to final budgetary approval by the University.
Nationally and internationally recognized as a leading law school, Queen’s Law has a distinguished record of outstanding teaching and research. Located in historic Kingston, Ontario, Queen’s Law has a proud history of faculty and student engagement. Queen’s Law has a curriculum and research profile that includes Canada’s largest international law program, operated at the Queen’s University Bader International Study Centre at Herstmonceux Castle in the UK. The Faculty leads Canadian law schools in interdisciplinary study opportunities, including programs that combine JD studies with Business, Economics, Public Administration, and Industrial Relations. The Faculty is also home to vibrant LLM and PhD programs that draw students from around the world, leading research groups such as the Centre for Law in the Contemporary Workplace and Feminist Legal Studies Queen’s, an interdisciplinary Colloquium in Legal and Political Philosophy, and five clinical programs in Poverty Law, Prison Law, Business Law, Elder Law, and Family Law.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Queen's is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ persons. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada will be given priority.
To comply with Federal laws, the University is obliged to gather statistical information about how many applicants for each job vacancy are Canadian citizens/permanent residents of Canada. Applicants need not identify their country of origin or citizenship, however, all applications must include one of the following statements: “I am a Canadian citizen/permanent resident of Canada”; OR, “I am not a Canadian citizen/permanent resident of Canada”. Applications that do not include this information will be deemed incomplete.
A complete application consists of:
- Cover letter (including one of the two statements regarding Canadian citizenship/permanent resident status specified in the previous paragraph);
- Current Curriculum Vitae (including a list of publications);
- Copies of all university transcripts;
- Copies of sample publications;
- Statement of teaching interests and experience, including teaching experience and supervision at both the J.D. and graduate levels (include course outlines and evaluations if available);
- Statement of current and prospective research interests.
- Candidates should also be prepared to provide the name of three potential referees upon request.
Electronic applications in PDF format are strongly preferred. Applicants should also supply information concerning any interruptions in their academic career. Writing samples will not be returned and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants should submit their files by September 1, 2017 to the email address included below. The Committee may still consider applications after this date.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The University will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please contact the Dean’s Office at email@example.com or (613) 5336000, extension 74285.
Additional information, which may be of interest to prospective faculty members, can be found at http://www.queensu.ca/facultyrecruitment. Academic staff at Queen’s University are governed by a Collective Agreement between the University and the Queen’s University Faculty Association (QUFA), which is posted at http://queensu.ca/facultyrelations/faculty-librarians-and- archivists/collectiveagreement and at http://www.qufa.ca
Apply for Stephen Sigurdson Professorship in Corporate Law and Finance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly