Learning Advisor, Client Experience team, Library
Summary: Be part of providing cross-campus, multidisciplinary teams to support learning and teaching within the University. You will work in the Client Experience and Learning and Teaching Advantage teams, which are dynamic, learning-focused teams.
- Utilize your library experience and your customer service skills and take these to new levels
- Continuing, Full-time role based at our Melbourne - Bundoora Campus
- $63,424 - $71,423 per annum plus 17% superannuation
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The Co-Curricular Services Unit and Curricular Services Unit in the Learning and Teaching Portfolio provide cross-campus, multidisciplinary teams to support learning and teaching within the University. Learning Advisors work in the Client Experience and Learning and Teaching Advantage teams, which are dynamic, learning-focused teams. Learning Advisors in the Client Experience team provide relevant, timely, reliable and consistent information services to ensure optimal customer service and seamless delivery in online and face-to-face environments.Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with other service staff to deliver effective service during regular rostered shifts, using specialist knowledge to interpret and process queries related to learning needs.
- Support Senior Learning Advisors to develop content and deliver curriculum-embedded information and digital literacy programs that are aligned with the Library Learning and Teaching Partnership Framework.
- Providing advice in response to a range of customer enquiries;
- Train and provide guidance to student casuals and other staff.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following:
- Completion of a degree or postgraduate qualification in Library or Information Science, or an equivalent combination of relevant knowledge, education / training or experience;
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge and expertise to solve complex problems, and to document processes and outcomes;
- Demonstrated experience in locating and interpreting information, including policies and procedures, to provide advice and make decisions;
- Demonstrated proficiency in digital literacies i.e. capabilities and attitudes;
- Experience in developing and delivering programs to meet the learning needs of varying student cohorts;
- Demonstrated experience in delivering customer service within a library or service environment;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a customer focused team.
Please refer to the Position Description(s) for other skills and experience required for this role.
Closing date: Sunday 4 February 2018
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Position Enquiries: Donna Wileman, Coordinator Client Experience, Library +61 9479 1577 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please address Key Selection Criteria from the attached position description and attach these with your application.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Kerryn Harbert, Recruitment Advisor +61 3 9479 1623.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job no (553281) under current vacancies.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.