Lecturer in Political Science
6 days left
- Full Time
Faculty of Arts, Business, Law and Education
School of Social Sciences
- Level B ($97,310 - $115,350) plus 17% superannuation
- Full-time, fixed-term appointment (3 years)
- Opportunity for an outstanding researcher and teacher in Political Sciences with a particular focus on International Political Economy
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
About the team
The School of Social Sciences offers a rich learning and research environment spanning social and cultural studies in Indo-Pacific, Europe and Asia. As well as undergraduate and postgraduate programs, the School supports an active research agenda. The Discipline of Political Science and International Relations offers postgraduate and undergraduate programs covering Political Science, International Relations, International Development and Public Policy.
About the opportunity
In this role, you will contribute towards teaching in the School’s undergraduate and postgraduate programs and contribute to the School’s research strategy.
You will possess a PhD in Political Science and possess a record of excellence in research and teaching in Political Sciences with a particular focus on International Political Economy with an empirical focus in Asia or the Indian Ocean region.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description.
Benefits and Conditions of Employment:
- Employer contribution to superannuation is 17% of salary
- Recreation leave of 20 working days per annum
- Long Service Leave after 10 years
- On-campus facilities include gym, child care, medical centre
- Relocation assistance including airfares, relocation allowance and short-term accommodation (if applicable)
Closing date: 25 February 2018
This position is open to international applicants who require visa sponsorship.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.