Teacher/Tutor in Education
- School of Engineering and Technology - CQUniversity Mackay, Rockhampton, Emerald or Gladstone
- Seeking applicants from occupational areas that include but not limited to: Construction, Engineering, Mining and Process Manufacturing , Automotive and Electrical related trade callings
- Casual Rates Apply.
Your New School:
Do you want to help your industry grow by teaching others your trade? Share your knowledge and experience and be the teacher you always wanted to be. The School of Engineering and Technology encompasses both Higher Education and Vocational Education training and teaching.
The VET sector of this school focuses on satisfying the needs of industry and the community through the provision of responsive, comprehensive and flexible training with an emphasis on the practical application of skills and job-readiness. If you are looking for flexibility and an exciting new opportunity, then we encourage you to apply now!
Your New Role:
As a teacher, you will be part of a team that develops and delivers quality training and assessment services to a wide range of students in various context. The School’s student cohorts include, high school, pre-employment, apprentices, advanced trade and those seeking recognition of prior experience across a wide range of construction, mining, automotive, engineering and electrical trade callings. Training courses are outcome focused and reflect current industry practices and equipment utilising relevant and varied teaching methodologies.
You Will Be:
- Committed to professional and self-development with a focus on qualifications/skills maintenance and update and contemporary industry practices
- Able to work collaboratively and cooperate with other departments to achieve positive business outcomes
- Striving to understand and meet customer expectations and satisfaction
You Will Have:
When submitting your expression of interest for the position of Teacher, please provide evidence of the following qualifications and experience;
- Trade Qualification (essential)
- TAE40116 – Certificate IV in Training & Assessment Or TAE40100 and willing to complete the upgrade to TAE40116 (essential)
- Demonstrated current industry skills directly relevant to the training/assessment being undertaken
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32286
- Applications Close: 12.59 pm Sunday 13th January 2019
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria and Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.” CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply