Manager, Short Course and Continuing Professional Development
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Division of Enterprise has the responsibility of "Delivering from Research Excellence" and "Knowledge Exchange for Social Progress on Economic Prosperity" as part of the University’s 2025 Strategy.
Unisearch is a business unit within the Division of Enterprise. Since 1959 Unisearch has been a leading provider of consulting services to professional and industry markets in Australia. For our industry clients, Unisearch’s service-oriented approach and rigorous standards of excellence are backed by fast turnaround on contracts and a high degree of flexibility. Our academic clients enjoy the benefits of our strong expertise in contract negotiation, project and relationship management, and administrative support.
About the role
- $119K-$130K plus 17% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Full-time, Continuing
The Manager Short Course & Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is responsible for the management, documentation and development of technology and business systems required to deliver shared services across UNSW in the short course and continuing professional development space. The position will be accountable for a range of specific, high value strategic and operational projects and initiatives across the Division.
The role will be required to:
- Develop initiatives and strategic plans for the Unit to ensure that sustainable and efficient management systems are developed in anticipation of future growth in the area.
- Develop an annual operational plan and ensure adequate resourcing to meet the operational needs of the unit.
- Manage the development and maintenance of technology systems, including implementation, documentation, and training.
The role of Manager Short Course & CPD reports to the Director Consulting, and has one direct report.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Knowledge of the tertiary and/or continuing education sector, and experience in delivering revenue generating initiatives and/or programs in commercial or educational services.
- Demonstrated experience in providing significant input to strategic and operational planning.
- Ability to apply sound business, commercial, and political acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement business and technology systems.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Applications close: midnight Sunday 28 January 2018