Manager - Internal Audit
Manager - Internal Audit
Department: Internal Audit
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: 31 January 2018
The University of Central Asia (UCA) was founded in 2000 as a private, not for profit, secular university through an International Treaty signed by the Presidents of the Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, and Kazakhstan, and His Highness the Aga Khan; ratified by their respective parliaments, and registered with the United Nations. The Presidents are the Patrons of the University and His Highness is the Chancellor. UCA’s mission is to promote the social and economic development of Central Asia, particularly its mountain communities, by offering an internationally recognised standard of higher education, and enabling the peoples of the region to preserve their rich cultural heritage as assets for the future. UCA brings with it the commitment and partnership of the broader Aga Khan Development Network. For more information: www.ucentralasia.org.
Summary of Position
The Manager - Internal Audit will report to the Head of Internal Audit and will perform operational audits within the University, prepare reports relating to audit observations and recommendations, and manage a team of internal auditors.
The position is expected to exercise responsibility regarding the sensitivity and confidentiality of information; demonstrate professionalism, adhering to the Institute of Internal Auditors and other professional standards. Travel to and stay in any area of UCA operating jurisdiction within the Central Asian region will be required of this position.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage & independently perform internal audit projects as per the audit plan;
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit with quarterly reporting;
- Develop engagement scope, communicate with management for audit meetings;
- Develop audit programs and other documents for audit execution;
- Provide guidance to team members for effective and efficient conduct of audits;
- Prepare working papers and audit report for review by the Head of Internal Audit;
- Review audit working papers of team members involved in the audit project;
- Perform review / audit of special projects as assigned by the Head of Internal Audit;
- Monitor and follow up on outstanding audit recommendations and responses;
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or equivalent - Mandatory;
- Chartered Accountant (CA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or Certified International Professional Accountant (CIPA) - Mandatory
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) – Preferable
- Combined minimum 6-8 years of experience in finance, accounting, audit;
- Minimum 4 years of experience in internal audit;
- Experience in University environment – Preferable;
Knowledge and Competencies
- Fluency in English and Russian languages;
- Excellent report writing, communication and time management skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Understanding and application of the internal audit standards;
- Working knowledge of data analytics tool such as IDEA, ACL;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (word, excel, PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of laws and regulations as applicable within the Central Asian Region (Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan)
Preference will be given to candidates with previous related experience in Central Asia or the former Soviet Union. Candidates from the founding countries of UCA i.e Tajikistan, Kyrgyz Republic and Kazakhstan are encouraged to apply for the position.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to email@example.com by 31 January 2018. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Manager - Internal Audit”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Review other job vacancies at: http://www.ucentralasia.org/About/CurrentVacancies
The University of Central Asia (UCA) includes the Undergraduate School of Arts and Sciences, the Graduate School of Development, the School of Professional and Continuing Education, the Institute of Public Policy and Administration, the Mountain Societies Research Institute, the Cultural Heritage and Humanities Unit, the Central Asian Faculty Development Programme, and the Aga Khan Humanities Project. UCA’s undergraduate programmes are located at its residential campuses in Naryn, Kyrgyz Republic, and Khorog, Tajikistan. The Tekeli campus in Kazakhstan is expected to start classes in 2021.
Apply for Manager - Internal Audit
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly