Research Administrative Officer
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Under the direction of the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research Training) and Dean of Graduate Research, the Graduate Research School (GRS) provides leadership, support and central administration for all higher degree research (HDR) canididates and their supervisors at UNSW.
About the role
- $82K-$87K plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term until 19 January 2019
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Research Administration Officer is located in the Admissions and Scholarships team within the GRS. The role of the Research Administration Officer is to lead and support the recruitment of the highest quality candidates by issuing admission and scholarship offers to qualified applicants. Research Administration Officers are expected to have a broad range of knowledge and expertise across the different areas of research administration.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a relevant degree with subsequent experience in higher education, or equivalent experience
- Have the ability to interpret complex rules and regulation and provide clear, accurate and concise verbal and written advice
- Have excellent written communication, interpersonal, and customer services skills
- Have the ability to independently and effectively manage time, set priorities and work to strict deadlines in a high volume operational area
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Catherine Zell, Manager, Admissions and Scholarships, Graduate Research School
T: (61 2) 9385 0829
Applications close: 21 January 2018