Research Assistant in Health
3 days left
- Full Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre (NDARC) is a premier research institution in Australia that is recognised internationally as a Research Centre of Excellence. The overall mission of NDARC is to conduct high quality research and related activities that increase the effectiveness of treatment and other intervention responses to alcohol and other drug related harm.
About the role
- $71K-$80K plus (9.5% superannuation and leave loading)
- Fixed Term for 12 months with possibility of renewal
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
This position is to work on the Pain and Opioids IN Treatment (POINT) study, a five-year prospective cohort study. This study will be the first to comprehensively examine the extent, to which opioid therapy for chronic pain is associated with pain reduction, adverse events, such as overdose, opioid dependence and medication non-adherence, quality of life, and mental and physical health outcomes The POINT study is currently conducting interviews four years from baseline with 1,514 people, across Australia, prescribed opioids for chronic non-cancer pain. The position will involve conducting clinical interviews with participants and assistance with locating participants.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant degree in behavioural sciences, social sciences or epidemiology
- Capacity to work as a key team member and liaise with other agencies and professionals
- Strong organisational skills including the ability to prioritise a range of tasks and meet deadlines
You should systematically address the selection criteria in your application.
Dr. Gabrielle Campbell
T: (61 2) 9385 0286
Applications close: 25 January 2018