Tutor in Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Continuing, Part Time (0.5FTE)
- School of Access Education
- CQUniversity Mackay City
- Total Salary: $23,749 to $27,588 (plus superannuation and leave loading)
Are you a highly involved team member who enjoys working in a participative and empowered environment?
Your New Division:
The School of Access Education supports the overall management of CQUniversity’s enabling courses, Skills for Tertiary Education Preparatory Studies (STEPS), Tertiary Entry Program (TEP) and the Academic Learning Centre (ALC) which supports undergraduate and coursework post graduate students and the LLNC, which supports VET students’ Language Literacy and Numeracy skills.
Your New Role:
In this role, you will provide support to students through the delivery of tutorials as directed by the teacher, and providing support in student assessment (include support in recognition in prior learning and workplace assessment and associated administration duties). The successful applicant will have a demonstrated capacity for self-management, participative decision making and the ability to accept, promote and manage change.
You Will Be:
- Collaborating and cooperating with other departments to achieve positive business outcomes.
- Increasing knowledge and skill when circumstances call for additional learning.
You Will Have:
- Qualifications and/or experience which meet the recognised occupational competency standards relevant to the field/area and to the level of instruction (essential).
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent (desirable).
- Certificate in TESOL or experience working with second language learners (desirable).
- Previous literacy and numerous experience (desirable).
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32240
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Sunday 28th January 2018
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria, Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply