Manager, Regulatory Advisory Services
- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Legal and Risk, University Services
Salary: $115,726 - $120,404 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Manager, Regulatory Advisory Services is a member of the Information Governance and Engagement Team which sits within the Legal and Risk portfolio.
About the role
The Manager, Regulatory Advisory Services will lead a team of professionals providing support services for the University’s regulatory framework. You will have experience in leading successful teams; excellent communication, stakeholder engagement and customer service skills; a strong understanding of policy, process, Freedom of Information, privacy and data protection; and a track record in managing caseloads and competing priorities.
- Postgraduate qualifications and extensive experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training in a relevant area
- Demonstrated capability and experience in leading diverse teams in a large or complex organisation to deliver and continuously improve compliance related services
- Demonstrated professional experience and expertise in case management relevant to the University’s compliance environment, including knowledge of records management, freedom of information and privacy and data protection legislation
- Highly effective stakeholder management skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels of an organisation and with external bodies
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement and provide advice to senior staff on complex FOI, privacy and data protection issues
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 30 Jan 2018
Position Description & Selection Criteria
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria