Tutor in Economics
- Join Australia's number 1 University
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Salary: Casual salary rates are set out in the University Policy Library: MPF1170 – Schedule A http://www.policy.unimelb.edu.au/schedules/MPF1170-ScheduleA.pdf
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE) is at the forefront of innovation in education, working with partners in schools, early childhood settings, communities, government and beyond, constantly seeking new and improved ways to support Australia's education system.
MGSE is currently seeking a casual Tutor to develop subject content and deliver teaching in the Learning Area of Economics in the Master of Teaching Secondary pre-service teacher education program.
The successful applicant will have:
- A Master’s degree in Education, Teaching or relevant area
- A relevant teaching qualification and experience teaching Economics at VCE level
- A demonstrated ability for excellence in teaching within the Economics area
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to subject development
Availability is required on Wednesday evenings for teaching. There is some flexibility in availability for the other duties of the role. Availability requirements may be subject to change.
Please see the position description for further information and an outline of selection criteria.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 22 Jan 2018
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria