3 days left
- Full Time
Position: Admissions Coordinator
Line Manager: Kirstie Little
Hours: 10.00am – 6.00pm
Who We Are
The Architectural Association (AA) was founded in 1847. It is governed by its members and is committed to public benefit attained by the learning, teaching, discussion and promotion of architecture. With 750 students and 230 staff the AA School is central to the AA. The school is recognised as a worldwide leader in architectural education, with graduates that include many of the world’s leading architects, scholars, critics and educators. The AA School has maintained its independence for more than 160 years and its courses span from Foundation level to PhD.
Who We Seek
We are seeking a bright, positive and hardworking team player to join the busy admissions team. The role of Admissions Coordinator is of vital importance to the school and requires a good, professional working relationship with the Head of Admissions and the rest of the admissions team.
You will need to be proficient using MS Office, have strong attention to detail, and be the type of person who enjoys working in an organised and methodical manner. Your day to day tasks will include a large range of responsibilities; therefore any candidate must be enthusiastic, have a willingness to learn and a flexible attitude.
This role will be managing both Undergraduate and Graduate applications. You will be responsible for answering applicant enquires, processing applications and scheduling interviews, processing CAS applications, helping to ensure that student numbers are maintained, assisting with the smooth running of the department as well as the promotion of the school.
- Enquiries: Answering initial enquiries by phone, email and in person. Being available to talk with prospective students/parents, and providing tours of the facilities, is a key aspect of the role.
- Applications: Processing applications and fees, chasing missing documents, assessing the basic eligibility of candidates and corresponding with them accordingly.
- Portfolio assessments: Arranging portfolio assessment meetings with tutors and directors and preparing the required documentation for assessment.
- Interviews: Scheduling and booking interviews with both applicants and tutors; preparing documentation for interview days and managing scheduled interviews on the day.
- Programme Directors: Liaising with directors on a regular basis with regard to applicants / enquiries and general programme details.
- Letters: Preparing offer and rejection letters. Offer letters are sent with an offer pack of important information to all successful applicants.
- Database: Entering details on the database and ensuring records are kept up to date.
- Processing CAS applications: Reviewing applicants’ documentation and completing the online application form for the Home Office / UKVI Tier 4 General Student Visa from June until August.
- Statistics: Maintaining basic statistics concerning applications, offers and acceptances so that predictions can be made for numbers of students expected. Compiling specific statistics to aid admission process when required.
- Marketing: Providing input into the marketing strategy in conjunction with the Head of Admissions and coordinators. Marketing literature (posters, flyers, leaflets) and application forms must be kept up to date and new material written as required.
- Open days: Coordinating and promoting open days/evenings for applicants alongside the team.
- Introduction week: Coordinating Introduction Week for new students and official Registration alongside the team.
- General office duties: Maintaining filing systems, handling post, ordering stationery etc.
- You must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role and/or possess a relevant degree.
- Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Previous experience in an educational and/or architectural setting is essential.
- Experience of working with the Home Office / UKVI would be advantageous.
What We Offer
Generous holiday benefits, a defined-contribution pension scheme and discounts on most purchases in the bookshop.
How to Apply
Please apply by email by the closing date of 25th January 2018 (Midnight) to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title in the subject heading.
Please include in your application:
- Full CV
- Covering letter/email highlighting why you feel you are the right person for the role
- Current salary
- Notice period
- Contact details for two referees (who will not be contacted without your prior permission)
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
The AA, inc. has an equal opportunities policy applicable to all job vacancies, and internal applicants are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Admissions Coordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly