Position: Compliance Coordinator
Line Manager: Belinda Flaherty
Hours: 10.00am – 6.00pm
The Architectural Association School of Architecture (the AA) is seeking to appoint a Compliance Co-ordinator to support the development and enhancement of established systems relating to the admission of international students to its Programmes of study.
Working with the Compliance Officer and reporting to the School Registrar, the Compliance Co-ordinator will support a more active management of UKVI compliance activities, sponsorship duties and responsibilities. A demonstrable track record of experience with regards to Tier 4 Policy Guidance, having worked in a related position in the HE sector is an essential requirement of the appointment.
- To work with the Compliance Officer to monitor and review policies, processes and procedures, ensuring compliance with continuously evolving legislative and regulatory guidelines;
- To work with the Compliance Officer and the Admissions Team to guarantee the AA School’s processes for the issue of Certificates of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) are robust and to undertake internal screening of all documentation prior to issue;
- To ensure that all students are registered correctly and to monitor VISA end dates;
- To undertake effective attendance monitoring for all students and consolidate the school-wide attendance register;
- To support prompt UKVI reporting obligations under the Sponsor Management System (SMS) for all international students of the AA School and those who significantly change their circumstances;
- To ensure that all record keeping practices are compliant and individual records in both paper and electronic forms are robust;
- To provide immigration advice to students and to maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of relevant UKVI policy specific to their circumstances;
- Assist and support ad hoc projects/tasks when required to support the requirements of the Registrar’s Department.
- A comprehensive understanding of Tier 4 Policy Guidance and Tier 4 Guidance for Educators;
- Ability to monitor and interpret developments in UK Immigration legislation and Sponsor Guidance produced by the UKVI under Tier 4 of the Points Based System (PBS) and other student related immigration categories to support development and enhancement to AA School policy and procedure;
- To maintain and enhance the current attendance monitoring system in line with Tier 4 Policy Guidance
- IT literate: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Development of administrative procedures, policies and practice;
- Planning, organising and time management.
What We Offer
Generous holiday benefits, a defined-contribution pension scheme and discounts on most purchases in the bookshop.
How to Apply:
Please apply by email by the closing date of 25th January 2018 (Midnight) to: email@example.com stating the job title in the subject heading.
Please include in your application:
- Full CV
- Covering letter/email highlighting why you feel you are the right person for the role
- Current salary
- Notice period
- Contact details for two referees (who will not be contacted without your prior permission
Please note: only successful candidates will be contacted.
The AA, inc. has an equal opportunities policy applicable to all job vacancies, and internal applicants are encouraged to apply.