Post Doctor Position in Physics
Faculty of Natural Sciences
Department of Materials Science and Engineering
A postdoc position in material science and physics is available at the department of Materials Science and Engineering (IMA). The main tasks will be the advanced characterization of nanostructured 2D-BN and the coordination of the PhD candidates and MSc students working on the project. Mono- and multi- layered films will be synthesized by PLD method and in-situ modified by implanting energetic charged atomic-nanoclusters of plasmonic materials. The successful candidate will take the responsibility of the advanced characterization of the obtained materials and the correlation of the results for the understanding and the optimization of the experimental procedures. The characterization is based on optical (Raman, IR, PL), structural and compositional (TEM, EELS, XPS) techniques. The candidate is expected to contribute to publications of high scientific impact.
- Ph.D. in physics, materials science, or equivalent discipline.
- Proven experience with optical and structural characterization techniques.
- High English language competence. Proven experience with manuscript preparation.
- Experience with Raman, IR and PL spectroscopies is highly desirable.
The appointment of the Postdoc will be for 2 years and will be made according to Norwegian guidelines for universities and university colleges and to the general regulations regarding university employees. The position as postdoctoral researcher is remunerated according to the Norwegian State salary scale. There is a 2% deduction for superannuation contribution.
The national labor force must reflect the composition of the population to the greatest possible extent. NTNU wants to increase the proportion of women in its scientific posts. Women are encouraged to apply. The position adheres to the Norwegian Government’s policy of equal opportunity regardless of ethnicity, age and gender.
For more information about the position please contact: Associate Professor Maria Benelmekki e-mail email@example.com
The application should contain:
- CV including certificates from Bachelor, Master and PhD.
- Two Reference letters.
- List of publications with bibliographical references.
- A statement on when the applicant can start in the position if selected.
- The position requires spoken and written fluency in the English language. Applicants from non-English-speaking countries outside Europe must document English skills by an approved test.
Applications must be submitted electronically through this page. Applications submitted elsewhere will not be considered.
Mark the application with ref.no NV-04/18
Application Deadline: 31st January 2018