- Provide a range of administrative services supporting the Placement Operations team
- Full- time, fixed term x2 roles ( x1 until June & x1 until Nov 2018) at our Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $61,424 - $71,423 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The College of Arts, Social Sciences and Commerce comprises 4 Schools and 12 Departments across La Trobe’s multi-campus operations. The College offers a range of general and specialist undergraduate and postgraduate courses that are rigorous and attuned to meeting the needs of students in ensuring their readiness to work in changing environments. Our courses are appropriately linked to emerging trends and critical global issues. The College research achievements have an outstanding reputation for their innovation and contribution to society and are at the forefront of building strong relationships with industry partners.
In this role
This position works as part of the Placements Operations team which co-ordinates professional experience opportunities for teacher education students across the College. This position undertakes administrative functions associated with placement and professional experience administration, and when required provide support across the broader Partnership Operation function.
Responsibilities will include:
- In accordance with set procedures, evaluate, process and track placement requests, allocate students and liaise with various stakeholders.
- Assist in the development, documentation and implementation of procedures relating to student placements to ensure consistent business processes.
- Act as the main point of contact for students, staff and placement agencies, dealing with enquiries, providing support and guidance.
- Liaise effectively with organisational units and staff beyond the immediate unit to gather information, stay informed and contribute to the requirements of the Partnership Operations portfolio.
- Provide factual and accurate information, as appropriate to internal and external stakeholders regarding placements
- Provide a range of administrative support services such as word processing, drafting routine correspondence, taking minutes and action items, organising meetings and following up on relevant action items.
You will possess demonstrated evidence of the following:
- Completion of a degree without subsequent relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated capacity to organise work effectively and efficiently, prioritise tasks and deliver outputs in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality customer services, prioritise customer requirements and an ability to liaise with a diverse customer base.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-functional team environment and contribute positively to an effective team.
- Demonstrated experience with an electronic records system and ability to acquire new database skills
Please refer to the Position Description(s) for other skills and experience required for this role.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday 28 January 2018
Position Enquiries: Evelyn Vancam, Senior Coordinator, Placement Operations +61 3 9479 email@example.com
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria from the attached position description and attach these with your application.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Kerryn Harbert, Recruitment Advisor +61 3 9479 1623.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job no (553213) under current vacancies.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.