- Coordinate high quality unique ACU events
- Contribute to enhancing the University’s image
- Continuing full time opportunity at North Sydney
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
Marketing and External Relations (MER) plays a key role in profiling and positioning ACU as a first choice among its diverse community and stakeholder groups. As the Events Coordinator for NSW, you will be responsible for high profile events hosted by the Office of the Vice-Chancellor and President (OVCP) nationally, as well as coordination of operations and logistics associated with events such as Open Day, Scholarships & Award Ceremonies, and public lectures.
As a collaborative member of the national team, you will:
- contribute to operational planning and business process improvement
- liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure events are well-managed and professional to the ACU standard
- provide events advice and support to MER staff
- liaise with the Design team to oversee the provision of supporting materials.
You will need to demonstrate:
- completion of an undergraduate degree, with recent experience in events/project management
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- high level of attention to detail for the events that you manage
- excellent interpersonal and customer service skills to manage client customer expectations.
Local and interstate travel may be required on occasion and some evening and weekend work will be required.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description, and submit their cover letter and resume as part of their application. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $89,617 - $96,302 pa, including salary component $75,727 - $81,376 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 6), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Chrissa Favaloro, Associate Director, Marketing & Communications on 02 9739 2026.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers”
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday 4 February 2018 11.55pm