Teacher/Lecturer in Counselling
- Direct hands-on teaching with students
- Shaping careers and influencing future academics
- Ideal work life balance suitable for parents or to gain practice experience
The role will prepare and teach unit curriculum via either on campus, online or blended modes of delivery in a manner which is interactive, innovative, and engaging.
The responsibilities of the role include preparing weekly class learning materials based on the approved curriculum including the provision of student feedback and assessment.
Teachers will also be expected to attend professional development workshops provided by the College. The teaching (unit) load may vary each trimester depending on student enrolments.
The ideal person(s) we seek will ideally have the following
- Graduate Diploma in cognate discipline (counselling, psychology) – for teaching in the Higher Education Diploma and Bachelor level programs
- Masters level qualification in Counselling or equivalent - for teaching in the Graduate Diploma and Masters level programs
- Teaching experience at a tertiary level or extensive expertise in relevant discipline
- Ability to liaise effectively with academics, administration, and other sessional teaching staff
- Membership of relevant professional associations Demonstrated computer literacy - competence in using word processing, Excel, and Skype or Zoom highly desirable
- Knowledge of Work Health and Safety policies of relevance to the work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with Discipline and College staff.
- Exposure in using Moodle and online teaching programs such as BlackBoard Collaborate advantageous
- Discipline and industry experience
Work hours are flexible and start from a minimum of *3 hours per week, across morning, midday, late afternoon and evening educational sessions.
*Pending timetable structure and class demand
Please note, applications will not be reviewed until Monday, 22 January 2018
For further information please contact Jane McPhee on 07 3835 0427 or email@example.com