Lecturer – Accounting
Lecturer – Accounting
Location : Fitzwilliam House
Closing Date : 28/01/2018
Employment Type : Permanent
Department : Business School - Faculty
Full time and part time applications welcome
BPP Business School is recruiting for three accounting faculty roles to accommodate the growth being achieved by the school and teach on both our Degree and Professional Body-related programmes. We are looking for highly motivated, practitioner experienced lecturers to bring high quality teaching and module leadership into the School.
Specifically we are seeking candidates who hold the relevant professional accounting qualifications, have practitioner experience in and are able to teach in one or more of the following modules at both a foundation and advanced level:
Audit and Assurance
The role of faculty in the Business School is to ensure that students in the Business School receive a premium experience. This is achieved via delivery of the highest quality tuition and module leadership.
Faculty will undertake a variety of duties including, but not restricted to, module leadership, curriculum design, assessment marking, personal tuition, project supervision, managing online cohorts, undertaking scholarship work and teaching (online and/or face to face). Faculty are expected to assist with recruitment of students at open days as well as having involvement in ad hoc business development activities.
You will be an expert and thought leader in relevant topics within the School and will be expected to represent the School in this area through scholarship.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide high quality module leadership and be accountable for the standard of the module materials and resources. Ensure high quality and consistent teaching through the provision of detailed teaching guidance and academic support.
- Undertake curriculum development as and when required.
- Examining, assessment and marking within the relevant programmes.
- Supervising student projects within the relevant programmes.
- Undertake scholarship activities and contribute to the research base within the School. Raise the profile of the School through attendance at conferences and externally published scholarship and research.
- Providing ongoing personal tuition support to a cohort of Business School students in line with University policy.
- Managing a local cohort of students to ensure the smooth running and academic integrity of the relevant programme.
- Providing academic support for commercial and business development activities within the School. Ad hoc provision of client liaison and support as required.
- Teaching on the relevant programmes in both face to face and online modes.
- Supporting the Faculty and Corporate vision of a “university with a national and international reputation for excellence, innovation and regional engagement”.
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade and nature of the post.
Please see the full job description for the skills, knowledge and qualifications required.