We invite highly motivated, talented and proactive postgraduates to apply for a 6, 9 or 12 month placement on our flagship Enrichment Scheme. In line with the Institute’s cross-disciplinary research community, we particularly welcome applications from graduates whose research spans multiple disciplines and applications.
The Enrichment Scheme offers students, currently enrolled on a doctoral programme, the opportunity to join us for up to 12 months to boost their skills, grow their network and work alongside Turing researchers. At the Turing, students will have access to the strengths and expertise of our industry partners and our unique convening power as the UK’s national institute for data science and artificial intelligence. It is an opportunity to foster and develop exciting interdisciplinary engagement with the wider data science community and the world at large.
Our mission is to make great leaps in data science research in order to change the world for the better. Our goals are to undertake world-class research in data science, apply its research to real world problems, drive economic impact and societal good, lead the training of a new generation of data scientists, and shape the public conversation around data.
Enrichment students will have access to a range of exceptional benefits unique to the Institute:
- Expert-led training in research disciplines central to data science
- Access to a range of events, seminars, reading groups and workshops delivered by leaders in research, government and industry
- Opportunities to collaborate on real world projects for societal impact with our current and emerging industry partners
- Expert support and guidance through all stages of the studentship delivered by supervisors who are Fellows of the Turing or substantively engaged with us
- Access to brilliant minds researching a range of subjects with opportunities to collaborate and join or start interest groups
- Networking opportunities through the Institute, university and strategic partners
- Supercharge and speed up your research with access to cutting edge IT resources; Azure cloud (with credits), Cray Supercomputer, Intel cluster, EPSRC Funded Tier 2 HPCs, High Spec HP local desktops with GPUs and UK Supercomputers Archer
- Bespoke HQ designed for optimal study and inter disciplinary collaborations
2018 Award details
- Available to students who have successfully completed their first year of a PhD at a UK university
- Duration: 6, 9 or 12 month full-time placement
- Start date: October 2018 or January 2019
- Stipend: top-up to bring the student’s existing annual stipend in line with the £20,500 Turing stipend (maximum £5,700)*
- Travel allowance: up to £2,000* to visit your home university from your usual place of residence to meet with your supervisor (cannot be used for regular commuting to the Turing)
*Figures represent a 12 month placement. Values for shorter placements will be calculated proportionally.
Application deadline: 12:00 GMT Monday 19 February 2018