Research Assistant Professor in Orthopaedics and Traumatology
Research Assistant Professor
Department/Unit: Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology
Closing Date: January 26, 2018
One of the flagship programmes in the Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (ORT) at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) is to strive for innovative solutions for management of orthopaedic sports medicine conditions and musculoskeletal disorders, and establish platform for multi-disciplinary research on musculoskeletal regeneration. The Department is looking for interested, qualified and passionate candidates to fill a Research Assistant Professorship.
Applicants should have:
1) a doctoral degree in Rehabilitation Science/Sport Medicine or a closely related discipline;
2) expertise in sports medicine research;
3) an established track record in research, including refereed publications and external grant applications;
4) recent teaching experience particularly in orthopaedic sports medicine;
5) strong interpersonal and communication skills to foster research collaboration;
6) a demonstrated commitment to excellence in research and teaching; and
7) preferably physiotherapy background.
The appointee will engage in:
1) scholarly activities including publications and research grants application;
2) training and supervision of postgraduate students;
3) the design of curriculum and development of course materials for education programmes;
4) coordinating academic activities, e.g. research seminar and symposium;
5) promoting the advancement of Sports Medicine through services to the profession/industry and the community; and
6) undertake other administrative duties.
Appointment will initially be made on contract basis for 2 years, renewable subject to mutual agreement.