Lecturer in Chemistry
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Chemistry is one of the original schools at UNSW and one of the leading chemistry schools in Australia. The School teaches more than 2000 undergraduate students each year from many different faculties, and offers four different undergraduate programs leading to majors in chemistry. Research in the School covers the broad areas of molecular devices, bioactive molecules, energy research and chemical and biological catalysis. The School aspires to be one of the leading chemistry schools in the world and to contribute to the economic prosperity of the nation.
About the roles
- Two Positions
- Academic Level B (Lecturer)
- Salary $101,524 to $119,683 (+17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Tenure Track Appointment (5 years initially)
The School of Chemistry at UNSW is seeking to appoint two high quality candidates for two academic (teaching and research) positions. In support of our recent appointment of Nobel Laureate, Sir Fraser Stoddart, we seek to appoint two new academic staff in the fields of synthetic chemistry in i) battery storage technology and ii) prebiotic chemistry. Successful applicants will be expected to lead a prosperous, independent research group carrying out cutting edge research in these areas. The successful candidates will also deliver high quality undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in undergraduate chemistry and contribute to administrative rolls within the School
About the successful applicant
To be successful in one of these roles you will have:
- A PhD specialising in synthetic chemistry in relation to prebiotic chemistry or battery storage technologies
- A high quality track record of post-doctoral research, including an excellent publication track record, relative to opportunity
- Experience or potential in undergraduate teaching and supervision of postgraduate students
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description of the role you are applying for. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
We strongly encourage female applicants and actively support women to succeed through specific Faculty and UNSW initiatives including generous parental leave provisions and flexible work practices.
Professor Scott Kable, Head of School
T: (61 2) 9385 4713
Applications close: 31st January 2018