Senior Manager Entrepreneurship Ecosystem and Partnership Development
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Division of Enterprise has the responsibility of "Delivering from Research Excellence" and "Knowledge Exchange for Social Progress on Economic Prosperity" as part of the University’s 2025 Strategy. School.
About the role
- Competitive Package
- Fixed Term, 5 years
The Senior Manager Entrepreneurship Ecosystem and Partnership Development will drive the development of key partnerships to ensure the success of the Entrepreneurship Founder program, including critical links with corporates who have an alignment with the goals of UNSW Entrepreneurship and corporate venture funding opportunities. Along with the Director Entrepreneurship the incumbent will work closely with UNSW Philanthropy and Alumni to raise funds for the Founder Fund and establish a thriving UNSW Angel group composed of donors and alumni.
The role will work with the Director to identify key global ecosystem partners and support the Entrepreneurship team to develop these partnerships. The successful candidate will be a respected and well-connected leader in the Australian and global start-up ecosystem with experience in the development, delivery and operations improvement of start-up support programs.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrated success in raising funding for strategic projects, especially in early stage technology company formation, seed funds, and/or VC funds.
- Deep knowledge of funding options for early stage companies, including bootstrapping, grants, debt, R&D tax incentives, angel, seed and VC funding requirements, and being able to advise on best practice for different situations.
- Proven ability to develop and sustain strategic partnerships, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high level of autonomy, and a highly developed sense of initiative and responsibility.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Business, Administration) with subsequent relevant professional or management experience (or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience) in the areas of start-up establishment, growth, funding, and exits.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Applications close: Tuesday 7 February 2018