Program Coordinator, In2science Program
- Promote the study of mathematics and science to Victorian school students
- Fixed Term until 29 November 2019, part time 60% role at our Bundoora campus
- 73,573 -$79,638 p.a. pro rata plus up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2015), one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
In2science increases engagement in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths by placing volunteer university students as peer mentors in maths and science classes to act as a role model for year 8 and 9 students. The program runs collaboratively across four universities.
In this role
You will be the central point of call for all matters relating to the In2science program and its operation at La Trobe University and coordinate the operations of the In2science project:
- Ensuring participating schools fully understand the role of the Mentors and the aims of the program; promote and raise awareness of the program to the wider university and local community.
- Engaging and coordinating La Trobe University Mentor placements by recruiting appropriate tertiary students to participate; organise and conduct the training of new Peer Mentors.
- Implementing and collating placement evaluations; maintaining a database of placement records and schools associated with the program.
You will possess demonstrated ability to set priorities and track multiple workflows within your area of responsibility and with excellent attention to detail.
Proven communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to work independently and as a member of a team in a dynamic environment together with experience working in School and/or Tertiary environments is required.
Proficient IT skills and ability to learn new programs quickly will see you succeed in this role.
Experience in student recruitment for volunteer programs is highly desirable.
Closing date: 25th of January
Position Enquiries: Joanna Oreo, Manager, In2science Peer Mentoring Phone: 9479 5398
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please scroll down to apply
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact HR Assist on 9479 1234.