Salary package: $94,094 - $100,864 plus superannuation
Terms: Full time, Fixed term (6 months)
- Fixed Term position for 6 months
- lead a team of professionals in a vibrant creative arts environment
- provide strategic advice and support to the School's executive
The ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences (CASS) is the largest single College of seven Colleges at ANU. The College, which is structured into two main research schools, offers degrees in more than 20 discipline areas and excels in research across the creative arts, humanities and social sciences. The College has a substantial international research presence and is a major source of national policy advice. Our academic staff are internationally recognised for their research, and 57 are members of the Australian Academy of the Humanities, the Academy of the Social Sciences of Australia, or both. We also host 13 Australian Research Council Future Fellows and two ARC Laureates. A hub of vibrant activity, we host more than 270 lectures, concerts and exhibitions each year, most of which are open to the public. Our students, staff and graduates come from more than 60 nations, bringing a diversity of perspective to campus life.
The School of Music is currently engaged in a strategic redevelopment, to build on past strengths while addressing the future needs of the rapidly changing music profession and the creative arts sector. The School Manager plays an integral role in coordinating and progressing the recommendations resulting from its recent review, particularly in the areas of:
- implementation of a strategic plan
- increasing the School’s visibility and engagement on-campus and within the Canberra community
- implementation of a new marketing and branding plan
- meeting new enrolment targets
- strategic management of new financial arrangements from diverse sources
- management of financial, marketing and community access aspects of the refurbished recording studio
- proactive management of resources and assets in a heritage environment
- managing a program of visiting artists
For more information, please contact Prof Kenneth Lampl T: 6125 5700 E: email@example.com
Closing date: 28 January 2018
Position description: PD ANUO8 School Manager 090118.docx
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on firstname.lastname@example.org
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion Application information In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.