Assistant/Associate/Professor in Cybersecurity
KINDI Center for Computing Research - College of Engineering
Qatar University Profile
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education in the country and, consequently, enjoys the enthusiastic support of its government and citizens. With vibrant undergraduate and emerging graduate programs, the University offers the widest array of academic and community outreach programs and research related to national needs and priorities. Qatar University has an international faculty dedicated to the education of its 15,000+ students and, increasingly, to building strong graduate programs and research capabilities with emphasis on addressing national and regional needs and priorities. The University is located in Doha, Qatar, a vibrant modern city that welcomes visitors and residents from around the globe. Residents from abroad will find the Qatari people and culture to be very friendly,interesting and educational. The state of Qatar is a small peninsula in the Arabian Gulf, with substantial oil and natural gas reserves. Qatar is one of the wealthiest states in the region and has developed high quality healthcare and education systems. The country has dedicated 2.8% of its huge revenue to fund scientific research. The country is bilingual in both Arabic, the national language, and English. Doha offers all of the modern conveniences and technology found in the world’s major cities and a safe and high quality of life to all residents.
Established in 1980, the College of Engineering offers degree programs in the fields of Architectural, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical,Industrial and Systems, Computer Science and Computer Engineering with the primary goal of preparing Qatari engineers with outstanding scientific and technical competencies to enable them to participate and contribute in the various aspects of the country.
KINDI Center for Computing Research
KINDI is a research center in the college of engineering that promotes quality research programs in the vital area of computer and information sciences and engineering by leveraging existing local and international partnerships to foster and provide supportive infrastructure for collaborative multidisciplinary research. The lab leverages partnerships with external organizations while promoting the use of information and communication technologies (ICT) while supporting the national research strategy, which recognizes the area of Computer Science and ICT as one of its four thematic pillars.
Duties & Responsibilities
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Category: Academic
Employment Type: Full-time
AnticipatedStarting date: Any time
Position Term: 3 years (renewable)
Duties and Responsibilities
The KINDI Center for Computing Research at Qatar University (QU) is seeking applications for a research faculty position at the level of assistant, associate or full professor in cyber security. Earned a doctorate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field, from an internationally recognized university and outstanding research profile in cyber security, is required. The appointed candidate will facilitate and contribute building research programs in the area of cyber security.The candidate is expected to:
- Conduct independent and successful researches in areas related to cyber security and tailored to the need of KINDI Center.
- Support research and research development activities of the KINDI Center in its focus area of cyber security and all cyber and information security subareas.
- Build and lead collaborative teams who can conduct quality research in the area of cyber security.
- Foster and cultivate new research initiatives by developing new research program and get research grants to fund these programs.
- Engage in outstanding scholarly activities leading to national, regional and international recognition.
- Promote partnerships and support collaboration with external organizations inside and outside Qatar.
- Conduct specialized workshops such as short courses or seminars on contemporary issues.
- Conduct mission with the industries.
- Teach one (typically graduate) course per academic semester.
- Supervise graduate (M.S.and Ph.D.) theses.
- Assist in preparing the lab budget, annual reports, and strategic plan.
- Assist in the acquisition and management of research equipment and infrastructure.
- Foster and support collaborative efforts among faculty members and students.
- Disseminate research results through educational programs and presentations.
- Advise the KINDI Center director and assist in the implementation of lab activities.
Candidates must have doctorate degrees in computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related field from an internationally recognized university and outstanding research profile in cybersecurity, and must demonstrate:
- Evidence of active research,service and scholarly activities.
- Record of research accomplishments including publications in high-impact venues.
- Expert knowledge in the field of cyber security.
- Experience in supervising research work of graduate and undergraduate students.
- Experience in Cyber security consulting.
- Knowledge of current trends in the professional practices in the field.
- Ethical behavior, professionalism, interpersonal skills, leadership and management abilities.
- Ability to effectively interact with other colleagues in the institution as well as with external institutions and funding agencies.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential(transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, and copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile and provide all the requested documents. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open position and provide all the requested documents.