Lecturer in Physiotherapy
About the job
Committed to excellence in teaching, learning and research, the School of Health Sciences has strong industry partnerships across public and private health, disability, ageing and education agencies. With a distinctive research profile, the School seeks to provide a holistic approach to health care, encouraging multidisciplinary collaborations that are relevant and beneficial to the community.
These roles are primarily focused on the preparation and delivery of teaching activities within the School’s undergraduate and/or postgraduate programs. In this role, you will contribute to the development of curricula and will utilise professional/discipline-related expertise to deliver high-quality teaching. You will also be responsible for carrying out a range of activities to develop and maintain scholarly expertise related to the discipline along with acting as a student advisor.
Skills and Experience
- Lecturer in Physiotherapy (Teaching Academic Level B) - Part-time (0.7 FTE), Fixed-term contract until 31 December 2018
- To be considered, you will have a PhD in Physiotherapy and registration and / or eligibility for registration as a Physiotherapist in Australia. You will also have a demonstrated record of scholarly and professional achievement in the physiotherapy discipline.
- Lecturer in Physiotherapy (Acute Care) (Teaching Academic Level B) - Part-time (0.6 FTE), Fixed-term contract until 30 June 2019
- To be considered, you will have a PhD in Physiotherapy and registration and / or eligibility for registration as a Physiotherapist in Australia. You will also have a demonstrated record of scholarly and professional achievement in the physiotherapy discipline, with a focus on acute care and in the area of evidence based practice.
- Lecturer in Physiotherapy (Teaching Academic Level A/B) - Full-time, fixed-term contract until 31 July 2020
- To be considered, you will have a post-graduate qualification for Level A or a PhD in a relevant discipline for Level B along with registration and / or eligibility for registration as a Physiotherapist in Australia.
In general for these roles, you will have a demonstrated ability to undertake teaching duties and use the necessary digital techniques required for effective curriculum delivery. And overall, you will have a passion for teaching along with a commitment toward continual development.
A University of Enterprise
The University of South Australia (UniSA) is an innovative, outward-looking institution known for its strong and engaged research and its experientially-based teaching and learning that is conducted in close collaboration with business, industry, government and the professions.
In recent years, we have maintained a strong upward trajectory across a number of key indicators and are ranked among the world’s top 50 young institutions. We are committed to international education activities and alumni, graduates who are equipped to meet the demands and expectations of the worldwide workforce, a culturally diverse staff and increasing student mobility.
Benefits on offer
At UniSA, we seek to enrich people’s lives through the creation and application of knowledge. Our staff love to be a part of an organisational culture that promotes a strong commitment to educating professionals, sharing knowledge, and engaging with our communities.
We offer a competitive remuneration package and we have a family friendly approach to ensure you enjoy a healthy work/life balance.
Lodging your application
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit https://workingatunisa.nga.net.au/. Please refer to the online application form which will indicate which selection criteria you need to address. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact Amruta Das, Recruitment Consultant on +618 8302 1700 or via email to email@example.com.
Applications close: 9:00 am Thursday 25 January 2018
Pursuant to the Children's Protection Act 1993 (SA), this position has been deemed prescribed. It is an inherent condition of appointment that the successful candidate obtains and maintains (at their own expense) a South Australian Department of Communities and Social Inclusion (DCSI) Criminal History Assessment determining them fit to work with children. Further information regarding a DCSI Child-Related Employment screening assessment can be found via the DCSI website.
Note: Appointment is subject to a satisfactory National Police Check (NPC) being obtained and maintained.
- Preview Application Form
In addition to your salary, the University will make employer superannuation contributions of up to 17% of salary on your behalf. The amount of superannuation you are entitled to will depend on the nature of your employment. This can be clarified during the recruitment process. You will also be entitled to annual leave loading. See more benefits of working for UniSA
Before you apply:
Job Applications: Preview the application form before you start your application. Ensure you have the following information for your online application:
- the name and contact details of at least two confidential work-related referees
- a cover letter detailing the reasons for your application and your suitability for the position
- your CV/resume
- your responses to ONLY the selection criteria listed in the online application form.
- Tip – Write criteria in Word first to spell check and word count.
Academic Promotions and PEP: Preview the application form before you start your application. Ensure you have all the information for your online application:
- Please refer to the guidelines for further requirements and information
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online through Working at UniSA. If you experience any difficulty lodging your application visit FAQs.
For further support contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.
- If you have NOT registered with our new e-recruitment system, you can begin your Application by clicking the 'Begin' button below.
- If you are unsure if you have registered before, click here and follow the steps
- FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN DETAILS? click here and follow the steps