Research Assistant in Psychology
Faculty of Health Sciences
- Provide valued support to research activities in dementia and ageing
- Located at Cumberland Campus
- Part-time (21 hours/week) fixed term contract for 12 months with possibility of renewal. Remuneration package: $84K to $94K pro rata which includes leaving loading and up to 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
Reporting to Associate Professor Lee-Fay Low, the successful candidate will provide technical and operational support to the Chief Investigator in the area of dementia and ageing research, within the Ageing, Work and Health research group. This includes conducting systematic literature reviews, recruiting and interviewing research participants, contributing to protocol development, and grant and manuscript preparation, data entry, management and analysis, ethics submissions and liaising with research team members. You will also be expected to coordinate the activities associated with research projects, and work towards ensuring that research activities are run smoothly. The successful candidate will have opportunities to develop their skills in research in a friendly and supportive team.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Research Assistant who possesses:
- tertiary qualifications with Honors in Psychology, Public Health, Allied Health or related health discipline.
- extensive experience in conducting and reporting on research including conducting literature reviews, ethics submissions, and presenting research results
- statistical data analysis skills
- advanced computer literacy skills
- a genuine passion for research in ageing and dementia.
The Faculty of Health Sciences is the largest health sciences faculty in Australia consisting of seven disciplines, five research groups and three research centres. The Faculty provides professional preparation programs for a comprehensive range of health science professionals, as well as general degrees in health science. The Faculty enjoys a strong and dynamic research culture resulting from its commitment to achieving and sustaining research excellence in areas of established and emerging research strengths.
The Dementia Lifestyle Coach will pilot a counselling and coaching program for people recently diagnosed with early dementia. LifeFul is a culture change program to improve quality of care in residential aged care.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australias first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11.30pm 28 Jan 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Psychology Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Social Sciences Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Other Health & Social Care Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Sydney