Lecturer in Indigenous Studies
- Continuing, Full Time
- School of Education and the Arts
- CQUniversity Rockhampton
- Total Remuneration $109,599 to $130,150 pa (including superannuation and leave loading)
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this position.
Your New Division:
The School of Education and the Arts offers a wide range of certificate, diploma and degree level programs in the areas of Teacher Education, as well as Creative and Performing Arts, Humanities, Hospitality, Early Childhood Education and Care, Education Support, Indigenous Studies and Art. Our teachers and lecturers are experts in their fields and work closely with industry and relevant networks to ensure that students receive relevant and up to date training to ensure they are graduate work-ready.
Your New Role:
- Conducting a wide range of lectures, seminars, tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions, clinical sessions and/or studio sessions specific to the following Indigenous-focused units:
- INDG11006 Foundations of Indigenous Learning
- INDG11013 Introductory Aboriginal & Islander History
- INDG19015 Aboriginal Cultures and Country
- INDG19016 Contemporary Indigenous Issues
- Performing assigned teaching duties with students on and off campus with a standard of planning, preparation, presentation and assessment as necessary for students to achieve unit and course objectives.
- Acting as a unit coordinator through the regular initiation and development of unit material.
You Will Be:
- A self-motivated professional who communicates well and who effortlessly creates an environment that encourages regular open dialogue and flow of ideas.
- An innovative thinker who continuously explores new ways to do your job successfully and who gains job satisfaction from diversity in the workforce.
You Will Have:
- A Master’s degree in a field of research or scholarship relevant to the units coordinated.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and societies paired with the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and supervise undergraduate and postgraduate University students with experience engaging with tertiary students and supporting their educational development through multi-modal delivery strategies.
- Demonstrated capacity to engage and network effectively with industry and community partners and stakeholders, especially within Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander communities.
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32270
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Sunday, 21 January 2018
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume), Responses to Selection Criteria and Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.