Associate Research Fellow in High Entropy Alloy Design
1 day left
- Full Time
SALARY RANGE: $66,237 to $89,046 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and fixed term to 31 December 2019
LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Associate Research Fellow (ARF) will initiate and conduct research in the area of high entropy alloy design. This is a new fixed-term position funded by an Australian Government funded grant entitled “Advanced Manufacturing of New High Entropy Alloys”.
This will include:
- Initiate and conduct research under limited supervision either as a member of a team or independently.
- Contribute to building an active national research record, prepare findings for oral and written communication including publications and the generation of external research income.
- Effectively produce and maintain project data. Conduct data analysis and prepare data for publications and reporting.
- Constructively contribute to a vibrant research team, including participating with colleagues in developing and maintaining links and partnerships with industry and the wider community.
- PhD in Materials Science and/or Engineering, or or Mechanical Engineering with strong materials background.
- Experience with a range of material characterisation techniques (SEM, TEM, XRD) and with the mechanical testing of materials.
- Sound knowledge and demonstrated application of physical metallurgy principles.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and conduct high quality research with moderate levels of autonomy.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:Dr Dan Fabijanic Senior Research Fellow, Tel: +61 3 5227 2413, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 21 January 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.