Marketing and Recruitment Officer
Closing Date: 21 February 2018
Contract Status: Full-time
Salary & Benefits: RMB 139, 000 to RMB 197,000 per annum before all deductions, depending on qualifications and experience
Working Location: Ningbo
Reporting to the Faculty Manager, the role holder will have responsibility for managing Faculty-related marketing and programmes promotion administration. A key objective is the creation and maintenance of professional internal and external online presence for the Faculty, which will support the recruitment of students, academic and administrative staff and promote Faculty activities. This will include the management of relationships with other University units engaged in recruitment, marketing and communications activities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fluency in Mandarin and English
- Web design and development expertise
- Skills in developing written/printed promotional materials
- The ability to develop communication programmes targeted at different users
- Experience of managing events
- Excellent time, project management, negotiation and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good planning and resource management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise multiple tasks
- The ability to anticipate and resolve problems in a constructive and timely way
- Experience of using social media and other software relevant for marketing and recruitment activities
- Proven track record of successful event management
- Experience of working across departmental boundaries to ensure collaborative and co-ordinated approach
- Experience of working in a large complex, devolved organisation
- Experience of working with tight and multiple deadlines
- At least 3 years’ working experience
- The ability of problem solving in time-constrained situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A high degree of self-motivation and ability to motivate others.
- The ability to remain calm in a pressured environment
- Ability to positively influence individuals over whom the role holder has no direct authority
- An undergraduate or Master’s degree from an international university
- A qualification in Marketing and Communications or Events Management
- Experience of working in an international organisation
- Knowledge of academic culture
- Experience of international conference organisation
- Experience of working in an academic environment
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruitment activities coordination: To provide coordination of business school student recruitment activities with relevant departments and planning to achieve planned numbers for business school programmes, which will include all aspects of event management from liaison with external organisations and their representatives, booking of rooms, catering and audio visual equipment, booking transport and accommodation, working to a defined budget and recording expenditure, and arranging adequate resources to ensure the event is professionally delivered on the day.
- Willingness to travel: Sometimes at short notice, both nationally and internationally to promote business school programmes and activities and to participate in recruitment events.
- Providing feedback: To feed back to Faculty Dean, Faculty Manager, Heads and programme convenors market intelligence gained – questions asked by prospective applicants, observations made etc. with a view to improve recruitment, including in some cases revisions to the programme itself or its presentation, identifying and communicating back strengths, gaps and weaknesses.
- Marketing materials design: To design various kinds of marketing or promotional materials for the business school programmes.
- Programmes promotion: To develop a full and appropriate strategic plan of events and online and offline activities supported by marketing materials and ensure that information is available both online and in hard copy, in Chinese and in English languages.
- Support the development of business school website: Ensuring that all programmes information on the business school website is accurate and regularly updated. The role holder will need to work with the Marketing and Communications Office to ensure that institutional guidelines are followed.
- Working with other units: Work with other units at UNNC (in particular the Marketing and Communications, Admissions and Career Development Office and Global Engagement Office) to ensure a co-ordinated and collaborative approach to effectively promoting Faculty activities within and outside the University.
- Participate in training and staff development schemes as trainer or trainee as appropriate;
- Maintain appropriate professional development, expertise and awareness;
- Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be required.
This job description may be subject to revision following discussion with the person appointed and forms part of the contract of employment.
How to Apply
Please send job application with the following documents before the closing date:
- UNNC Application Form (please download from here); http://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/about/documents/applicationform.doc
- Cover Letter;
Please kindly note that all documents should be completed in English and in Word/ PDF format.
Late or incomplete application will not be considered to be shortlisted.
Please send application and enquiries to email@example.com